What Is New in the 2022 Honda Accord?
The 2022 Honda Accord falls under the current generation design, which debuted in 2018 with impressive refinement, comfort, and fuel efficiency. After a mid-cycle refresh for the 2021 model, there were no significant changes in the 2022 model, both in electrified hybrids and non-hybrids. There are plenty of changes in the tech, mainly cell phone reconciliation, 9-inch contact screen show, remote Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto, but most other aspects remain unaltered for the 2022 model.
The 2022 Honda Accord is available in two turbocharged engines and a hybrid model with advanced driver aids and plenty of tech. Our experts at Performance Honda in Fairfield, Ohio, explain the new features to expect.
Honda Sensing Suite
The 2022 Honda Accord has a new update in tech to improve its efficiency. The Honda Sensing Suite acts as an efficient driver-assist system based on past road accidents to deliver a safe and smooth ride. With new datasets continually feeding into the system, the feature enhances accuracy in detecting possible dangers while driving and taking actions to avoid such situations.
Some of the new technologies in Honda Sensing include:
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
The LKAS is responsible for reducing the driver’s burden by keeping the vehicle in the middle of the lane. The system uses a monocular camera to maintain the vehicle’s lane by detecting solid and broken lines. LKAS sends vibrations as warnings if you move off your side of the road.
Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
The system assists the driver in preventing the vehicle from unintentionally straying off the road. RDM operates at speeds above 37 miles per hour, giving three different assistance options based on the severity of the circumstance. The system can provide visual warnings accompanied by a vibrating steering wheel, apply corrective steering input to bring the car back on the lane, and finally apply brakes if the vehicle still strays.
Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
It assists the driver in avoiding collisions with oncoming vehicles and pedestrians by mitigating the damage such collisions often cause. The system works through a millimeter-wave radar and monocular camera to detect pedestrians and vehicles. When the system determines a high crash risk, it sends audio and visual warnings to the driver while actively vibrating the accelerator pedal and automatically applying the brakes in unavoidable situations.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
The feature incorporates a Low-Speed Follow (LSF) function to maintain an appropriate distance to the vehicle ahead, reducing the burden on the driver, especially on congested highways. ACC detects the distance and speed gap from the car ahead, and then it controls acceleration and braking to maintain an appropriate distance.
Trim Levels for the 2022 Honda Accord
Like the rest of the Honda Accords, the 2022 model is available in several trim levels, giving you access to a sleek sedan with advancements. You can also choose from four hybrid options when looking for the maximum efficiency of a sedan. Honda makes all hybrids using fewer moving parts in the transmission, reducing fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emission.
Below is a list of the different trim levels in the new 2022 Honda Accord:
- Accord Sedan LX (MSRP $24,970): The standard Honda Accord model is equipped with a Honda Sensing safety feature, HondaLink, a standard 1.5-liter VTEC Turbocharged four-cylinder engine, push-button start, and a multi-angle rearview camera.
- Accord Sedan Sport (MSRP $27,430): At the second level, this sedan comes with standard features plus a 12-way power driver’s seat, eight-speaker sound system, 12-inch alloy wheels, rear USB smartphone chargers, leather shift knob, sports pedals, and rear spoilers.
- Accord Sedan Sport Special Edition (MSRP $28,290): In addition to the standard features, this trim level includes a leather-strapped steering wheel, leather-trimmed interior, smart entry with walkaway auto-lock, heated front seats and mirrors, active shutter grille, chrome exhaust finishers, and 19-inch alloy wheels.
- Accord Sedan EX-L (MSRP $31,290): The EX-L model runs on a 2.0-liter VTEC Turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a two-motor hybrid system. The interior features a driver’s seat memory, automatic-dimming rearview mirror, a 450-Watt premium audio system with 10 speakers, and a HomeLink remote system.
- Accord Sedan Touring 2.0T (MSRP $36,900): At this level, you get a luxurious interior that features ambient lighting, head-up display, wireless phone charger, Honda satellite-linked navigation system, ventilated front seats, and mobile hotspot capability.
- Accord Hybrid (MSRP $26,570): The Accord Hybrid model has a two-motor system, multi-angle rearview camera, dual-zone climate control, 60/40 split fold-down rear seat, Eco assist system, 17-inch alloy wheels, and an 8-inch display audio touch screen.
- Accord Hybrid EX (MSRP $30,520): The EX model has more advanced features than its predecessor. It has a blind spot information (BSI) system with cross-traffic monitoring and deceleration selectors to enhance safety. The interior of the Hybrid EX features a one-touch power moon roof, SiriusXM and HD radio, 8-inch display audio touch screen, and USB audio interface.
- Accord Hybrid EX-L (MSRP $32,890): The interior of the Hybrid EX-L comprises features like a driver’s seat memory, parking sensors, HomeLink remote system, automatic dimming rearview mirror, leather-trimmed seats, and a power-adjustable front passenger seat. The Honda model offers a 450-Watt premium audio system with ten speakers, a wireless phone charger, and a one-touch power monitor for infotainment.
- Accord Hybrid Touring (MSRP $36,440): The hybrid version of the Honda Accord Touring has extra features for safety and overall driving experience, including the Honda satellite-linked navigation system, low-speed braking control, body-colored parking sensors, a head-up display, and rain-sensing windshield wipers. The interior features a wireless phone charger, mobile hotspot capability, ventilated front seats, ambient lighting, and heated rear seats.
Contact Performance Honda to Learn More
The Honda Accord is an excellent value for money and a well-deserving top spot against competitors in the same class because of better driving dynamics. Residents of Fairfield, Cincinnati, and nearby areas looking for the number one rated Honda dealer can visit our dealership for a test drive today. Our sales teams will help you look at the options from our inventory of affordable, reliable, and high-performance Hondas.
At Performance Honda, we offer the best deals, and our 12 prestigious Honda President’s awards are testament to our excellent customer service. Visit our Honda dealership conveniently located on Dixie Highway in Fairfield, Ohio, or contact us today to learn more about the 2022 Honda Accord.